Requirements for Purchasing a Shelf Corporation
- The head office for Ontario and British Columbia shelf corporations
must be located in the province of registry. We can provide a Registered
Address service in either province if you do not have one or if you
do not wish to use your address.
- You must be a Canadian resident to purchase a shelf
corporation in Ontario. Alternatively, you must have a Canadian director
to act on your behalf.
- Non-residents can purchase corporations in British
Columbia only. Alternatively, you must have a Canadian director to act
on your behalf.
- A federal corporation must be registered with the province or territory
where you will have your office.
- For Federal and Ontario Corporations, at least 25% of your board of
directors must consist of Canadian residents.
- You must have at least one director and one shareholder
Please note: Business
Development Centre reserves the right to refuse a sale of any shelf corporation
for any reason.